Search This Blog

Friday, January 28, 2011

Eggplant?

Do you like eggplant?

I must admit, I wasn't a big fan. That is, until now. I recently tested a recipe for Golden Eggplant from Bal Arneson, Spice Goddess on the Food Network. I am hooked!

These eggplant sliced are coated with a lovely batter made from yogurt, chickpea flour and spices including cardamom, coriander, paprika and garam masala. (You can find all of these items at your local bulk food store.) They are then lightly pan fried in grapeseed oil and are a lot like a savory pancake. The eggplant becomes soft and almost tastes like banana. They are yummy!

Here is the link to the website: http://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipes/recipe.html?dishid=11269

Eggplant is high in dietary fibre, potassium, manganese, vitamin C, vitamin, K, B vitamins, magnesium, phosphorus and copper. It is also high in phytonutrients that act as powerful antioxidants, protecting your cells from damage by free radicals.

I hope you try the recipe. Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment